About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom of two sons, 12 and 10. I used to be an advertising manager. I love my new career and have thrown myself completely into it.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog.  Let me first explain why I decided to start blogging.

First, I was recently reading through books for each of my sons that I wrote detailing when I was pregnant with them and different milestones from their early years.  They are kind of diaries.  I was amazed at what I had forgotten.  I realized how important it was that I had written all this information down.  I started to think that I should do this now, too, or I might forget some of what is currently happening.  I don't have the time or inclination to actually write in a diary now, but I am on the computer a lot and blogging can be a way to document important or interesting events.

Second, I decided to be a room mom in both my sons' classes this year.  I have always volunteered in their classes each week and come to most of their room parties and field trips, so I've always done a lot of what a room mom does (I think) except plan the parties and manage the money.  Also, my oldest son is in 5th grade and I've been told by other moms that you don't volunteer in their classes once they start 6th grade.  So I figured I only have one more year to do this for my oldest son and if I do it for him, I should also do it for my younger son.  Therefore, I decided to just take the plunge and try it this year.  I will be chronicling my adventures in this blog.

Finally, I'm looking forward to the community aspect of blogging.  I will be very interested to see what comments I get.  I'm looking forward to other parents' thoughts, ideas and advice.

So I'm going to have fun with this!  I hope you find this entertaining and fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment